Less than three months after opening its first Georgia shop in Atlanta’s Buckhead neighborhood, The Salty Donut is further expanding its presence in the city with the opening of a second location in the Krog District. Opening on Friday, August 4 at 124 Krog Street, the Krog location of The Salty will mark the tenth brick and mortar shop for the brand.
The Salty will bring the craft donuts, a coffee program and quirky sense of community that the brand is known for to the neighborhood’s residences and surrounding offices. The store’s menu will feature brand favorites as well as store-specific flavors and items inspired by the neighborhood and using homemade and locally-sourced ingredients.
“When we first started traveling to Atlanta and becoming more acquainted with the city, we realized just how big it was! It was clear we needed more than one location to make it easier for our guests all around Atlanta to access The Salty without a long trek.” said Andy Rodriguez, CEO and Co-Founder in a statement. “The vibrant Inman Park area on Krog Street, with its culinary destinations and proximity to the beltline, felt like the perfect fit. Opening multiple stores in the same market is a first for us, but our goal with Atlanta is to cover more ground and be more convenient and accessible for our guests.”
The Krog District location was uniquely designed to connect with the community by drawing inspiration from the surrounding area to include local influences and motifs. The store plays off of a sophisticated, somewhat industrial design to pay homage to the building, to the district and to the original brick walls that were left behind after the building was developed. The space offers abundant light and seating space, making it conducive to working from the shop on a weekday, popping in for a morning coffee or a pit stop while walking the beltline with friends and family. A special feature in the Krog District shop is the “coffee mug chandelier” that centers the bar. It was designed with a slick metal ‘chandelier’ with hooks where all of the to-stay coffee mugs hang.
To celebrate the opening, The Salty will be offering an opening weekend exclusive donut flavor. The Peach Funnel Cake donut will be available from Friday, August 4-Sunday, August 6 at both the Krog and Buckhead locations. The company is also inviting select Rewards Members to get a sneak peek invite to the store prior to opening, including a complimentary full menu tasting and surprise take home goodies. To gain access to the exclusive VIP experience, guests can download the app, create a profile, and find the link to register for the private event on the home screen beginning on Wednesday, July 26. Space is limited and registration is required, so quick action is encouraged.
The Salty will also be giving out custom Atlanta tote bags to the first 50 guests each day of their opening weekend along with sampling their staple beverages all weekend long.
The opening menu will feature Year-Round and Seasonal donut flavors and baked goods including:
OPENING WEEKEND EXCLUSIVE (8/4 – 8/6)
- PEACH FUNNEL CAKE DONUT: 24 hr brioche donut shaped like a funnel cake topped with peach compote & brown sugar oat crumble.
- TRADITIONAL GLAZED: 24 hr brioche, vanilla bean glaze.
- BROWN BUTTER & SALT CAKE: vanilla bean cake donut, brown butter glaze, topped with maldon sea salt.
- CHOCOLATE CAKE: cake donut with vanilla bean glaze.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE & CHAI: 24 hr brioche soaked in a homemade chai infused milk, bottom crusted with valrhona white chocolate + finished with torched vanilla infused meringue.
- BUTTERED PECAN: (exclusive to Krog location): 24 hr brioche toasted pecan glaze & topped with buttered pecan pie crust crumble.
- BANANA CREAM PIE: 24hr brioche filled with banana pudding, vanilla bean glaze topped with graham cracker crumble, nilla wafer cookie & mascarpone whipped cream.
- TIRAMISU: 24 hr brioche scooped out and filled with layers of coffee-soaked sponge cake, whipped cream and cocoa powder.
- COOKIE BUTTER CAKE DONUT: brown sugar cake donut, spiced cookie butter glaze & topped with crushed homemade biscoff cookies.
- MANGO & PASSION FRUIT WHITE CHOCOLATE: 24 hr brioche with a fresh mango & passion fruit glaze, topped with a ribbon of passion fruit infused buttercream & white chocolate crumble.
- PB & J ˜GF: baked gluten free peanut butter cake, ‘filled’ with strawberry jam, strawberry glaze & topped with candied peanuts.
- UBE PINA COLADA ˜V: Ube infused vegan ‘brioche’ filled with pineapple jam, coconut milk glaze + topped with coconut streusel. *The donut is 100% naturally colored purple from Ube.
BAKED GOODS (SEASONAL)
- BROWN SUGAR & CINNAMON POP TART: old school brown sugar cinnamon stuffed pop tart, brown butter glaze.
- OREO & WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE: crushed oreo & white chocolate chip cookie.
- JALAPENO & CHEDDAR BISCUIT: chopped pickled jalapeno & cheddar cheese stuffed biscuit. Served until 3pm
The Salty’s Krog District location will be located at 124 Krog Street and will be open Sunday-Thursday from 8AM-8PM and Friday-Saturday from 8AM-10PM. The Salty will offer walk-up orders as well as pre-order pickup and delivery through The Salty’s rewards app and website. New users to the app will receive a free donut or coffee upon signing up and will begin earning loyalty points toward future perks as well as getting on the list for insider information, VIP event invites and more.