Miami’s first artisanal donut shop, The Salty Donut, announced the opening of its first Georgia shop on May 26. The family-owned brand is slated to open its first of three Georgia locations in Atlanta’s Buckhead neighborhood at 5 West Paces Ferry. The ninth brick & mortar store for The Salty will open alongside a growing list of restaurants and brands bringing excitement to the neighborhood. Additional shops will open later this year in Krog District and West Midtown.
Joining a portfolio of shops in Florida, Texas and North Carolina, the Buckhead store will offer some store-specific flavors and items inspired by the neighborhood and using homemade and locally-sourced ingredients.
“When we look to bring The Salty into new markets, we always look for dynamic neighborhoods that fit our vibe and that have exciting culinary scenes. From the first time we visited Atlanta, we knew it was going to be a food fit and the city has been in our plans for quite some time.” says Andy Rodriguez, CEO and Co-Founder of The Salty in a statement. “We couldn’t be more excited to bring our donuts, coffee and vibes to different neighborhoods in Atlanta, starting with Buckhead this spring. The neighborhood’s vibrant energy and diverse culinary scene make it the perfect location for our first Georgia shop.”
As with every location of The Salty Donut, the Buckhead shop is being uniquely designed to connect with the community by drawing inspiration from the surrounding neighborhood and city’s history to include local influences and motifs.
The milestone will be celebrated with giveaways throughout the opening weekend (5/26-5/28). The first 50 guests each day will receive a limited edition gift bag including an Atlanta tote bag, postcard, stickers, and special swag.
The opening menu will feature Year-Round and Seasonal donut flavors and baked goods including:
- Traditional Glazed: 24 hr brioche, vanilla bean glaze.
- Brown Butter & Salt Cake: Vanilla bean cake donut, brown butter glaze, topped with maldon sea salt.
- Chocolate Cake: Chocolate cake donut with vanilla bean glaze.
- White Chocolate & Chai: 24 hr brioche soaked in homemade chai-infused milk, bottom crusted with valrhona white chocolate & finished with torched vanilla-infused meringue.
- Maple & Cinnamon Twist: 24 hr brioche twisted with cinnamon sugar and maple glaze
- JALAPENO & CHEDDAR BISCUIT: chopped pickled jalapeno & cheddar cheese stuffed biscuit.
- BROWN SUGAR & CINNAMON POP TART: old school brown sugar cinnamon stuffed pop tart, brown butter glaze.
- OREO & WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE: crushed oreo & white chocolate chip cookie.
- BANANA CREAM PIE: 24hr brioche filled with banana pudding, vanilla bean glaze topped with graham cracker crumble, nilla wafer cookie & mascarpone whipped cream.
- BOSTON CREAM: 24 hr brioche filled with a traditional boston cream vanilla custard, ganache glaze.
- COOKIE BUTTER CAKE DONUT: brown sugar cake donut, spiced cookie butter glaze & topped with crushed homemade biscoff cookies.
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE: 24 hr brioche scooped out and filled with layers of strawberries + chunks of lemon cake, strawberry glaze + topped with mascarpone whipped cream.
- UBE PINA COLADA V: Ube infused vegan ‘brioche’ filled with pineapple jam, coconut milk glaze + topped with coconut streusel. *The donut is 100% naturally colored purple from Ube.
- PB & J GF: baked gluten free peanut butter cake, ‘filled’ with strawberry jam, strawberry glaze & topped with candied peanuts
To further the opening excitement, Atlanta residents can get a preview on May 20 and 21. The Salty Donut will launch a pre-opening lottery system which Atlanta locals can enter through this online form for their chance to be some of the first to taste The Salty’s donuts. There will be 60 winners selected per day and winners will receive a box of The Salty goods including Traditional Glazed, White Chocolate & Chai, Brown Butter & Salt, Chocolate Cake, Maple + Cinnamon Twists and a Jalapeńo Cheddar Biscuit. Winners will be notified via email and pickups will begin on May 20. Winners who are not able to take part in the experience may send it to a friend or family member.
The Salty’s Buckhead location will be located at 5 West Paces Ferry and will be open Sunday-Thursday from 7AM-7PM and Friday-Saturday from 7AM-10PM. The Salty will offer walk-up orders as well as pre-order pickup and delivery through The Salty’s rewards app and website. New users to the app will receive a free donut or coffee upon signing up and will begin earning loyalty points toward future perks as well as getting on the list for insider information, VIP event invites and more.