New York Based Developer Rockefeller Group, with offices based in Buckhead, presented plans that replace a US Post Office building and parking lot with a 61- story tower consisting of a mix of uses on the one-acre parcel located on the corner of 12th and West Peachtree Street.
This week, the Midtown Development Review Committee reviewed the 1072 West Peachtree Street Rockefeller project and provided additional recommendations to the Developer and the Atlanta City Planning Department.
On behalf of Rockefeller Group, Brock Hudgins and TVS Design presented the revised plans to redevelop the property into a 61-story tower with 350 market-rate apartment units and 212,000 square feet of office above a parking podium with along with an additional 6,600 square feet of ground-floor retail space.
- According to official documents, the DRC members complimented the developer on the changes made to the development since last month but did make the additional recommendations to complete the project:
- Recess the entry vestibule and doors near the vehicular drop-off area to assure a fully accessible walkway from West Peachtree St. to the rear of the building.
- Confirm ADA spaces and accessibility at the vehicular drop-off area and the small parking area at grade behind the building.
- Allow for unique tenant branding and signage for future retail tenants facing West Peachtree St.
- Consider dramatic underlighting the overhang along both 12th St. & West Peachtree St.
The DRC will electronically review and approve updated plans to confirm that the above recommendations have been incorporated into the revised plans.
This project is one of several significant projects recently reviewed by the Midtown DRC in recent months, including an office building proposed by Trammell Crow, Cousins, the expansion of First Presbyterian Church, JPX’s Residential Complex, and the Society Atlanta Tower Project.