Listen To This Post
Hilton in a press release Monday announced the first U.S. signing of a Motto by Hilton.
The new “micro” hotel brand will open as part of Waldo’s, an $80 million modern mixed-use development project in the Old Fourth Ward.
“Motto by Hilton, Hilton’s newest lifestyle hotel brand launched in October 2018, introduces a fresh approach to modern travel, bringing together efficient, micro-guest rooms, activated social spaces, centrally located urban destinations, locally inspired design and a communal vibe to cater to travelers looking for value and one-of-a-kind experiences,” according to the press release.
Situated at 40 Boulevard NE, the 125-room Motto by Hilton Atlanta Old Fourth Ward is part of Waldo’s which will also include 13,000 square feet of food and beverage space, 120,000 square feet of commercial space and 10 residential units.
The development will include a speakeasy, full-service restaurant, and food stalls in the courtyard.
“The Old Fourth Ward neighborhood of Atlanta is rooted in culture and history and is an exciting market to introduce Motto by Hilton,” Tripp McLaughlin, global brand head, Motto by Hilton, said in the release.
“One of our brand pillars is ‘inviting and local’; Motto invites guests and locals in through an authentic and social atmosphere with thoughtful design that uniquely weaves into the fabric of a neighborhood, and this project aligns perfectly with our vision.”
Key elements will include:
- Guest Rooms: 163 square feet on average include space-saving features such as wall beds, lofted beds, segmented shower and toilet stalls, and multi-use furniture.
- Linking Rooms: Motto hotels will have the option for guests to book multiple connecting rooms in advance, an “innovative and patent-pending feature.”
- Connected Room Technology: All Motto rooms will be outfitted with Hilton’s Connected Room technology – the first mobile-centric hotel offering that allows guests to control features in their room (i.e., temperature, lighting, TV, window coverings, etc.) in addition to digital check-in, digital key and digital check-out from their Hilton Honors mobile app.
- Sleep Experience: premium mattresses, white noise app, blackout window shades, and sound absorbing materials throughout the room.
- Motto Commons: community hub that will be used by guests and locals for work and play and will have varied seating types (work, group, lounge), power plugs, and offers coffee, a bar, and check-in.
- Location: urban destinations.
Motto by Hilton Atlanta Old Fourth Ward is scheduled to break ground in summer 2019, with a targeted opening of early 2021.
TVSDESIGN is the architect and Hirsch Bedner & Associates will design the hotel’s interior.
The development is led by Lucror Resources and Sixty West with financing partner Sixty West Opportunity Zone Fund and project management team DaVinci.
The hotel will be operated by Hospitality Ventures Management Group, an Atlanta-based, private hotel investment, ownership and management company.
This property joins the previously-signed Motto by Hilton London Marylebone, an 87-bed property under development with UK-based developer Dominvs Group, slated to open in 2020.
Additional deals are in various stages of development in prime urban locations around the world such as New York City, Lima, Copenhagen and Mexico City to name a few.
[Editor’s note: images are not specific to the Atlanta property but are an inspiration as to what future Mottos can/will look like.]