The Cuban-style eatery is from the team behind Tin Lizzy’s.
Beni’s Cubano—the newish concept from the folks behind Tin Lizzy’s—will open in The Hub Downtown (formerly known as Peachtree Center Mall.)
The Cuban-style eatery will be situated in suite C-15, a nearly 1,000-square-foot space adjacent Planet Smoothie, according to the restaurant’s website.
Beni’s Cubano is from Southern Proper Hospitality, the team behind Tin Lizzy’s Cantina, Gypsy Kitchen, The Southern Gentleman, Smokebelly BBQ, Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails and The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill.
“At Beni’s Cubano, we want to transport you from the day-to-day and into a fun, festive atmosphere you’ll want to return to time and time again,” John Piemonte, a Southern Proper Hospitality partner, in a press release said earlier this year.
“Just like our other restaurants, we are creating a sense of community, a super-comfortable place to kick back and enjoy a great meal and excellent beverages.”
Menu highlights include the following:
- A classic Cuban sandwich with mojo-roasted pork, ham and Swiss cheese with pickles, mustard and garlic aioli
- Seafood criollo, a sautéed shrimp and mahi mahi dish in a Cuban-Creole sauce with sofrito, tomato and olives
- Vaca frita, Velazquez’s creative new take on an old favorite made with crispy short rib, grilled onions and peppers, mojo and lime
- Yucca fries or mariquitas (crispy spiced plantain chips) with a choice of two dipping sauces such as garlic aioli, mojo or house-made hot sauce
- Beef picadillo empanadas stuffed to capacity and served with a choice of two dipping sauces
Beni’s Cubano first debuted earlier this year, at 4475 Roswell Road, in The Avenue East Cobb.