Wire Park, an upcoming 66-acre mixed-use development that will include Oconee County’s first brewery, and the region’s first food hall aptly named The Grid at Wire Park, this week unveiled its tenant lineup.
In total, the Watkinsville project will encompass 225,000 square feet of commercial, office, and retail space, at 111 South Barnett Shoals.
“Wire Park is envisioned by our team to be a place where the community can gather together, and this latest round of announcements demonstrates the positive momentum for this transformative project,” said Jordan Price, Director of Operations for Wire Park in a press release. “From a wide array of restaurants to a slew of shops and salons, Wire Park is positioned to be a cultural and economic anchor for Oconee County for years to come. We can’t wait to open our doors and welcome the community to live, work, and play.”
The current number of restaurants and retail stores stands at fourteen if you include the Oconee Library, the Yard and Wire Park, and a 28, 710-square-foot baseball training facility (including softball).
- South Main Brewing: Oconee County’s first brewery, featuring a collection of original beers operating in a 4,010-square-foot space.
- Lalo’s Tacos and Cantina: A cantina, offering tacos and other Latin American cuisine.
- Scoops: A well-known ice cream franchise that offers 32 flavors of handcrafted ice cream, 10 different types of ice cream cones, and an extensive selection of treats including cookies, candy, and hand-crafted chocolates.
- SoCo Nutrition: A tea, smoothie and protein drink shop focused on nutrition and healthy living.
- Gekko Kitchen: The first confirmed tenant for The Grid at Wire Park, this hibachi and sushi concept will build off the incredible success it’s enjoyed in Midtown Atlanta at Colony Square’s Politan Row.
- Original Hot Dog Factory: Also headed to The Grid at Wire Park, this Atlanta-based restaurant has multiple locations across the country and is regarded as the home of “America’s Best Hot Dog.”
- Winghouse Grill: Recipient of “Best Wings” by OnlineAthens, the popular eatery will be part of The Grid at Wire Park.
- Athens Running Company: The only locally owned and non-franchised running and walking store in the Athens area will open its second location.
- Fit Body Fitness: Offering affordable exercise regimens for area residents.
- Paper Doll: A locally-grown hair salon slated to open its first location at Wire Park.
- Old Fashioned Barber Shop: The first Athens area location will offer high-end men’s haircuts and grooming services.
- Sugar Polish Nail Salon: Already with locations in Atlanta, Athens, and Roswell, this chic salon is bringing its luxury manicures, pedicures, and waxing to Wire Park.
“The opening date has not been officially set, though, it’s likely some of the offices will be open by spring,” said Jonathan Mc Ginty, the media contact for Wire Park. “We’re eyeing summer as of now.”