‘Celebrate Avalon,’ an ‘all-day affair,’ kicks off at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Avalon will celebrate the official grand opening of Boulevard East, the mixed-use development’s second phase, Thursday, April 13 during an “all-day affair” that kicks off at 9 a.m. with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the corner of 1st Street and Avalon Boulevard (by Tesla).
The ceremony will feature speeches from Mayor David Belle Isle, North American Properties’ (NAP) Mark Toro, Senator Brandon Beach, and a few other project leaders.
Avalon will continue the celebration immediately following the ceremony with Celebrate Avalon, a 13-hour grand opening of Boulevard East.
The day-long celebration is free to attend and open to the public.
Festivities throughout the day include a scavenger hunt, family-fun performances, chef samplings, a fashion show, live musical performances, craft cocktails and more.
New retailers joining Avalon on April 13 include: Brooks Brothers, Urban Outfitters, Scout & Molly’s, Levi’s, Williams Sonoma, Hammer Made, Boogaloos, Lucky Brand, Pottery Barn, South Moon Under, Apple and Boardroom Salon for Men. New restaurants include: Barleygarden Kitchen and Craft Bar, District III, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Chick-Fil-A, Rumi’s Kitchen, MF Bar and Brine Seafood Shack.
Here’s how several Boulevard East tenants are celebrating:
- Boardroom Salon for Men – Stop by on Thursday for tours of the salon, and door prizes for guests including complimentary services, gift cards valued from $10 to $100 dollars, and the opportunity to sign up to win an Annual Membership valued at $825.
- Boogaloo’s – In-store giveaways and catering on Thursday, April 13.
- Brooks Brothers – Come in on Thursday, April 13 to learn from our in-house experts how to tie a bow tie and wrap a women’s scarf.
- Free People – Beauty and Wellness Trunk Show On Thursday, April 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. featuring a selection of Free People’s best-selling beauty, skincare, and wellness products. Kale Me Crazy will also be in-store serving fresh juices!
- Hammer Made – Enter to win a grand prize of six months participation in our shirt of the month program. Winner will be announced at Hammer Made’s grand opening party on May 20.
- Levi’s – On Thursday, April 13, Levi’s is hosting a ribbon-cutting ceremony before their grand opening! Gift with purchase available all weekend-long for $75 purchase. On Friday, April 14, Levi’s is hosting a Grand Opening event from 6 to 9 p.m. The event will include a live DJ and special heat pressed graphics, bites, wine and beer!
- Lucky Brand – 30 percent off select styles and 40 percent off already reduced prices through Monday, April 17.
- Madewell – Stylings by Atlanta fashion blogger City Peach, sips & sweets, and 20 percent off purchases from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Pottery Barn – Swing by Pottery Barn from Thursday, April 13 to Sunday, April 16 and enjoy refreshments, bites, special in-store savings and events! Plus, receive a complimentary gift with any purchase while supplies last.
- Scout & Molly’s – Enjoy a 25 percent off discount all weekend!
- South Moon Under – Stop in on Thursday, April 13 to check out the store and the first 50 guests will get to pick a gift card – the amount will be a surprise! Mystery gift cards will range from $5 to $500.
- Urban Outfitters – Join Urban Outfitters for a Grand Opening event on April 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. The event will include a live performance by Kodie Shane at 7 p.m., Tote bag and sticker giveaways with any Urban Outfitters purchase, and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages.
- Williams Sonoma – On Saturday, April 15, Williams Sonoma is hosting in-store events. At 10 a.m., come in for an American Girl Springtime Cupcake Event. Join us as we bake delicious cupcakes and learn how to decorate them too! Ages 8 to 13. $30 per child. Includes cupcake set. From 12 to 4 p.m., come support the region’s top local food vendors and artisanal producers. Taste, learn and experience products firsthand and hear from the makers themselves.
Here’s the Boulevard East Grand Opening Schedule of events:
Opening Ceremony | 1st Street and Avalon Boulevard | 9 a.m.: The day kicks off with a special ribbon cutting ceremony at the corner of 1st St. and Avalon Blvd. featuring speeches from community leaders and our ExperienceMakers. After the ribbon is cut and the expansion is officially open, guests will enjoy the very first view of Avalon’s newest additions, including chef-driven dining destinations and best-in-class retailers.
Swag Bag Scavenger Hunt | Concierge | 10 a.m.: Be one of the first 100 guests to stop by Concierge to travel on the swag bag scavenger hunt! Concierge will give guests a special branded “Celebrate Avalon” swag bag and scavenger hunt map which will direct guests to pick up exciting items from participating retailers and restaurants throughout Avalon Boulevard.
Sweets & Smiles | The Plaza | 10 a. m. to noon: Parents and caretakers of little ones are invited to The Plaza for a kid-centric celebration with Avalon. Enjoy family-friendly fun with music from Sir Crazy Pants, interactive games and activities specially designed for tots and more. Treats galore will be available for all to enjoy!
Flavor & Flair | The Boulevard | 2 to 5 p.m.: No need to travel to Madison Avenue or Rodeo Drive for the latest in fabulous fashion. Avalon Boulevard will transform into a fashion week scene with vignettes from our stylish retailers and the latest tunes from DJ Yvonne Monet. Stroll down the Boulevard and get inspired by all the trendy new looks!
Bubbly & Bites | Palmer Plaza| 5 to 7 p.m.: Looking to relax and mingle after work? Visit Palmer Plaza for specialty cocktails and delicious bites from acclaimed Oak Steakhouse and Colletta and enjoy acoustic music as the afternoon turns into evening.
The Boulevard Bash! | The Courtyard on Avalon Boulevard | 7 to 10 p.m.: As the suns sets on the Boulevard, Avalon Insiders will fill the streets to celebrate! Explore Avalon’s newest additions and spend the evening under the stars with craft cocktail stations, special celebrity guests, and fun musical performances for a night you’ll never forget.