Since 2017, Suga’s Pimento Cheeses was only available at farmers markets, festivals and local stores in the Atlanta metro area and nationwide recently via online ordering.
Suga’s recently opened a brick-and-mortar restaurant with a menu focusing on gourmet pimento cheese. Suga’s Cheese Shoppe & Café is the first restaurant in the South to centerpiece pimento cheese. The 1,700 square foot shoppe, located at 4456 Marietta Street in the northwestern Atlanta suburb of Powder Springs, is currently open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Chef Stacey West earned the nickname “Suga” (pronounced “Shuh-gah”) when her first grandbaby was born and she didn’t want to be called “grandma.” She quickly became known as “Chef Suga.” Chef Suga graduated from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Atlanta and worked with some of the top chefs in the Atlanta Metro area, including Chef Hilary of The Hil at Serenbe and Chef Holly, executive chef of Georgia Grown. With her husband Robert West, a financial specialist, and her son Quinton Jones, also a chef, Suga’s Enterprises, LLC launched in April 2016.
“Our café was easily the next step for our popular gourmet pimento cheese brand,” said Stacey West, aka Chef Suga, co-founder and creator of Suga’s Pimento Cheeses in a statement. “Our customers often beg for recipes and perfect pairings, so opening a café was the next logical step in our brand’s evolution. We get to treat our guests to deliciousness on site and really get to know them. This special and unique café in downtown Power Springs is perfect for us, for the area’s redevelopment, and to showcase the 12 varieties of pimento cheese we lovingly handcraft daily.”
Chef Suga will incorporate signature pimento cheese flavors, including Black Truffle, Roasted Poblano with Monterey Jack, Jalapeno, Pesto & Feta, Original, Bacon Asiago with Jalapeno, Smoked Gouda and four vegan options into café entrees such as:
- Shrimp Scampi – pesto & feta pimento cheese in a creamy white wine garlic sauce, sautéed onions & grape tomatoes on a bed of angel hair pasta. Served with garlic bread
- The Black Truffle Pimento Cheese Burger – sauteed mushrooms, black truffle pimento cheese, topped with crispy shallots and black truffle aioli sauce
- Southern Pimento Cheesesteak – Suga’s original pimento cheese, provolone cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce & tomatoes
- Smoked Gouda Mac Balls – smoked gouda pimento mac n’ cheese balls, fried & served with marinara sauce
- The Vegan Zesty Burger – original vegantastic pimento cheese, alfalfa sprouts, black bean hummus tomato jam, caramelized onion, avocado slices and special zesty sauce featuring vegantastic pimento cheese
Suga’s Cheese Shoppe will also feature other fan favorites like mini charcuterie plates, a menu of wraps and soups, and even a dessert and sweets menu featuring cheeses such as Pimento Cheese Cheesecakes and Pimento Cheese Cookies.
The café and shoppe offers a retail area featuring cheese-themed items including pickles, jams, chips, popcorn, charcuterie boards, aprons and many other items. And, of course, Suga’s Pimento Cheeses to go.