Buckhead Village, the upscale project that developer Jamestown now owns, continues to add tenants including a new-to-market vegan restaurant.
PLANTA will soon join Buckhead Village, according to an announcement. It is part of 12 new leases and eight renewals the project has secured since November 2021, representing 61,000 square feet at the development.
PLANTA is “an innovative plant-based restaurant inspired by all parts of the world,” said a Buckhead Village spokesperson in an email. “Creating a premier hospitality collective of 100% plant-based restaurants, PLANTA reimagines, reinvents and revitalizes, providing flavorful proof that the power of plants can change the world.”
A representative for PLANTA didn’t immediately respond to a request seeking more information about the Buckhead Village location.
Steven Salm, president and CEO at Chase Hospitality Group, founded the concept in 2016.
PLANTA currently has locations in Florida, New York, Maryland and Canada, with several more restaurants in the works.
What Now Atlanta reported in May that PLANTA is also looking at a location in Krog Street Market.
Sales are apparently soaring at Buckhead Village, according to the announcement. Jamestown acquired the property (then called The Shops Buckhead Atlanta) in 2019. The developer has since rebranded the project and worked to turn the luxury center into more of a community-focused village.
“Buckhead Village’s food and beverage tenants saw their highest sales ever at the property in the first half of 2022,” said the recent announcement. “Property-wide, first half 2022 retail sales exceeded comparable 2019 volumes by 27.7%. The property’s contemporary fashion retailers’ gross sales in the first half of 2022 exceeded 2021 numbers by more than 25%.”
Other upcoming openings at Buckhead Village include:
- Frances Valentine: An American lifestyle brand featuring apparel, handbags, shoes and jewelry.
- Le Labo: A fragrance boutique born in Grasse, France that’s designed to be like an “entertainment park for the nose.”
- Carmel: A new restaurant from the team behind Bellina Alimentari, Atrium, Aziza, Falafel Nation and Rina that’s inspired by the culture and cuisine of the coast.
- rag & bone: A clothing boutique that offers men’s and women’s ready-to wear, denim, accessories and footwear collections.
- Yeppa & Co.: An Italian restaurant from Pietro Gianni and Stephen Peterson, co-owners of Storico Fresco, Forza Storico and Storico Vino.
- Brown & Co Jewelers: A family-owned shop that will offer fashion jewelry from world-renowned designers.
- The James Room: A second location of the Atlanta BeltLine cocktail lounge.
- The Daily Pilates: A fitness concept offering customized workouts that blend fitness with Pilates and dynamic strength training.
- Gallery Anderson Smith: A pop-up gallery from Atlanta-based artist Anderson Smith.
- FACED The Facial Studio: A studio offering custom facials.