Toro Development Company (“TDC”) Wednesday announced the first 11 restaurants and retailers coming to Medley, the 43-acre mixed-use development planned for Johns Creek.
The tenant lineup features chef-driven and new-to-market concepts like Ford Fry’s Little Rey, CRÚ Food & Wine Bar, and AYA Medical Spa, delivering on TDC’s vision to “create a Third Place for the Johns Creek community to do life together,” according to a press release.
“We have been carefully curating the right mix of chef talent and new experiences for the community, and we are thrilled to announce this first batch of tenants,” said TDC’s Vice President of Leasing Kimberly Goetz. “In addition to these retailers and restaurants, we are actively seeking the best Indian restaurant, fitness concept, steakhouse, and dress boutique, among others, to create something truly special and unique for Johns Creek.”
The first retail tenants to be announced for Medley include:
- Little Rey, a Northern Mexico inspired menu from acclaimed chef and restaurateur Ford Fry offering wood-roasted “chicken al carbon” at its core plus staples like al carbon tacos, traditional street style tacos, salads and fresh salsas, all on hand-made tortillas and refreshing margaritas. Little Rey at Medley will be the first location in the suburbs.
- CRÚ Food & Wine Bar, a premier wine bar from Patrick Colombo featuring a selection of over 300 wines and delightful food pairings, including artisan cheese flights, stone fired pizzas, and taste and share plates. CRÚ at Medley will come to life in a jewel box retail space and feature a rooftop patio.
- AYA Medical Spa, a leading Atlanta-based cosmetic treatment spa that offers medical-grade skincare products and cosmetic treatments.
- Fadó Irish Pub, an elevated Irish pub designed for the 21st century. Known for its authentic Irish décor and warm hospitality, guests can enjoy brunch, lunch and dinner with a wide range of European and local craft beers and specialty cocktails. Founded in Buckhead in 1996, Medley is Fadó’s first venture into Atlanta’s suburban markets.
- BODY20, a boutique fitness studio that utilizes an FDA-Cleared electro-muscle stimulation (EMS) suit to revolutionize the way people workout. In 20-minute personalized sessions with a certified coach, this revolutionary, technology-based training produces measurable results in a fraction of the time of conventional workouts.
- Lily Sushi Bar, a sushi concept that first opened in Alpharetta. Lily Sushi Bar features a menu of quintessential Japanese cuisine, locally sourced produce and carefully crafted cocktails.
- Lucciano’s Gelato, a family-owned company born out of a desire to satisfy consumers of artisan gelato in Argentina. After traveling to Italy to bring back state-of-the art technology to produce the best quality gelato, Lucciano’s combines local and Italian ingredients with Belgian chocolate to make a unique and incomparable product.
- Sugarcoat Beauty, an award-winning modern nails and beauty bar that has been locally owned and operated since 2010. Sugarcoat creates the ultimate beauty destination for the community, and will offer manicures, pedicures, lashes, facials, and hair care services at Medley – the brand’s newest flagship store in Johns Creek.
- Summit Coffee, a North Carolina-based retailer and certified organic coffee roaster, focuses on the intersection of serving remarkable coffee in an approachable environment. Known for its family-friendly cafes, Summit also will have a craft beer and wine program. Once open, Medley will be Summitt Coffee’s fourth Georgia location.
- Knuckies Hoagies, an Atlanta-based sandwich shop with award-winning dough that creates an incredibly soft and fluffy roll. Knuckies packs its rolls with freshly sliced premium meats and cheeses and fresh produce to make its sandwiches a cut above the rest. Knuckies also serves cheesesteaks, pressed Cubans, fresh salads, soups and handcrafted desserts.
- Cookie Fix, a gourmet cookie shop offering freshly baked cookies and to-go cookie dough. Medley is its first Georgia location.
“Little Rey is a place for the neighborhood – it’s about enjoying wood-grilled flavors, delicious margaritas and our holy grail pancakes, plus it’s all centered around families, so the Johns Creek community is a great fit,” Chef-Owner Ford Fry said in the release.
TDC’s plans for Medley include 200,000 square feet of space for retail, restaurants and entertainment concepts, 900 residential units, which includes a mix of townhomes and luxury multifamily homes, and 110,000 square feet of office space. Medley represents an important part of the city’s 192-acre Town Center Vision and Plan, which will weave together quality housing, restaurants, retail and offices through new public pathways and parks.
TDC will “infuse its signature approach to resort-style hospitality,” which includes hosting approximately 200 events per year, ranging from outdoor wellness classes and live music to art festivals and watch parties. Demolition is underway on a 350,000-square-foot office building on the site to make way for Medley’s pedestrian-friendly streets, retail and outdoor gathering spaces. Groundbreaking is planned for later this year.
“As is our custom, we’re not leasing space, we’re investing in relationships,” said TDC’s Chief Vision Officer Mark Toro. “Whether it’s with old friends like Ford Fry and Patrick Colombo, or new ones like Susan Vuong and Missy Moon, we’re focused on bringing the ‘A player’ in each category, from sushi and gelato to Pilates and skincare. Brand alignment is important to us, and we are intentionally seeking tenants who share our values and know how to deliver exceptional guest experiences.”