Midtown Alliance is moving forward with plans to develop Commercial Row Commons, a “mini park” at the intersection of Peachtree Place and Peachtree Street.
The organization is hosting a public meeting on Tuesday, September 10 to unveil the project’s latest designs and elicit feedback from attendees.
“Development of Commercial Row Commons will provide more public space for this popular destination and high traffic corridor,” according to a landing page for the project.
“Currently, tables and chairs that serve Commercial Row’s restaurants impede the flow of pedestrian traffic through this important MARTA-access corridor. The creation of the plaza will provide both a clear and unobstructed pathway for pedestrians, as well as a dedicated and relaxed space to enjoy.”
Proposed enhancements include:
- “Improved alignment” of Peachtree Street and Peachtree Place intersection
- Repurposing up to 26 feet of roadway for open space
- Landscaping enhancements including a new, planted median
- Sidewalk and curb ramp repairs
- Enhanced pedestrian lighting
- Increased permeable surface coverage by more than 50 percent
- Milling, repaving, and restriping of Peachtree Place from Crescent Avenue to Peachtree Street
Tickets to Tuesday’s event can be collected by visiting this Eventbrite listing.