Listen To This Post
Chef Nick Leahy, fresh from opening neighborhood spot Nick’s Westside last month, has launched Chicken Out, a chef-inspired chicken-only concept that is available via delivery only, according to a press release Tuesday.
Chicken Out features a full menu offering four and eight-piece fried chicken meals, half or whole roasted chickens, roasted chicken shawarma, crispy smoked chicken wings with 19 dry-rubbed and sauced flavors, a crispy chicken sandwich, and six side dishes. The menu will also feature fried cinnamon donut holes.
“I am really excited about Chicken Out because it is an idea that I had been thinking about for a long time,” Leahy said in the release. “Obviously, the pandemic has created a shift in demand for food delivery services, which opened an opportunity. It also allowed me to get a little creative in terms of developing an all-chicken menu that runs the gamut from smoked, crispy wings to whole roasted chicken shawarma.”
The menu, which features Springer Mountain Farms chicken, includes:
- Smoked Chicken Wings (6 for $9, 12 for $16) are brined, smoked, and then fried crispy to order. Dry rubbed flavors include Harissa, Citrus-Pepper, Cajun Spice, Everything Bagel, Adobo, Honey-Habanero, Yellow Curry, Jamaican Jerk, Korean BBQ, Maui Wowee, Ranch, Tandoori, Za’atar, and Togarashi.
- Sauced wing options include Hot & Sour, Classic Buffalo (regular or hot), Garlic & Chili Butter, Spicy Barbecue, and Green Curry. Choice of one rub or sauce is included; extra sauces are $2 each.
- The Crispy Fried Chicken (4-piece for $20, 8-piece for $30) is brined and then fried in a specially seasoned flour mix. Each order comes with biscuits and a choice of one side.
- Half and whole roasted herb, lemon, and garlic-rubbed birds are available for $17 and $28, respectively. Chicken Out also offers chicken shawarma for $35, which includes house pita, yogurt source, spicy sauce, pickles, vegetables, and salad.
- The Crispy Chicken Sandwich $15 is made with thigh meat and served on a potato bun with pickles, lettuce, regular or spicy aioli, and potato chips. Fries can be substituted for $2.
- A la carte sides ($5) include fat fries, mac and cheese with ham, caramelized onion, and cheddar bechamel, braised greens with pot liquor, potato salad, coleslaw, and seasonal vegetables.
One dessert, fried donut holes topped with cinnamon sugar, is also available, and Chicken Out can be ordered Tuesday to Saturday from 3:00 to 10:00 p.m. on DoorDash, Grubhub, Postmates, and UberEats. A $3 delivery charge will be added to every order.