Listen To This Post
Boone’s, the recently-announced restaurant planned at the Bobby Jones Golf Course, has settled on Saturday, September 5 for its opening, according to an announcement Thursday. Located inside Murray Golf House, Boone’s offers a veranda overlooking the golf course where diners will also get a bird’s eye view of activities including the Dan Yates Putting Course, the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame, and a driving range.
“By design, Boone’s doesn’t look like any restaurant you’d see at a golf clubhouse,” Marty Elgison, president of Bobby Jones Golf Course Foundation, Inc., said in the announcement. “It’s a unique experience that can’t be duplicated anywhere in the city of Atlanta.”
The restaurant was designed as a Savannah College of Art & Design student project with contemporary accents and finishes. Atlanta-centric prints decorate the walls including a collection displaying historical Peachtree Street images. It is named after Augusta businessman, philanthropist, and avid golfer Boone Knox.
Executive Chef Austin Rocconi’s menu is based on whatever is local and fresh and currently highlights Southern comfort and Latin American influences drawn from Rocconi’s time spent out West and in the South:
- Local mixed greens with shaved radish, fennel and citrus vinaigrette
- Heritage Farms pork belly griot with bell pepper, citrus, cilantro and cabbage pikliz
- Gulf shrimp roll with eggplant mayo, brown butter, parsley and red shiso
- Cauliflower steak with wild rice risotto, mushrooms and olives
- House-made saffron tagliatelle with summer vegetables, basil and Georgia olive oil
- Grilled Springer Mountain half chicken with parsnip and Yukon mash, snap peas and beech mushroom
Complementing the American cuisine is a beverage menu including specialty cocktails, a variety of local craft beers, and a by-the-glass wine menu. Craft cocktails include:
- Bobby Jones with peach-infused Clover bourbon, vermouth, peach bitters and lemon
- Raspberry Gin Ricky with Old 4th Ward gin, lime, raspberry and sparkling wine
- El Diablo with El Jimador reposado, crème de cassis, lime and ginger beer
- Hibiscus Fizz with hibiscus-infused Wheatly vodka, lime cordial, allspice dram and club soda.
Boone’s is operated by the nonprofit Bobby Jones Golf Course Foundation. The revenue from the restaurant will go toward covering operating costs, and any profit will be used to contribute to the overall mission of the foundation. Boone’s takes reservations (beginning Aug. 31 for service starting Sept. 5) for lunch and dinner, served Wednesday through Sunday.